Translate

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fondant cakes :]




Well, this heart shaped cake is my very first fondant cake that i have made. I wish i had more pictures but i lost my phone and had to get the one picture that my cousin had. He hired me to make a cake for his lovely girlfriend for valentines day. ha.. Well i must say this cake posed a challenge. The edges were not as clean as i would have liked, which is why i improvised and added the flowers, which i must say i do believe made the cake look much more interesting :] The design was based off of a cake i found online using the cake bites.However, i wanted to add chocolates in order to have more elements to the cake. The candies were purchased due to lack of time to make my own caramels..this cake was by far the hardest fondant cake i have done so far, but later today.. In about four and a half hours, i will be out purchasing ingredients for another fondant cake. much more detailed than any i have done before, but the photos will be posted shortly for all to see :]






my second fondant cake.. this cake was done in a hurry as i did the third one in the same day. However this cake was simply for pleasure and the third was for a babyshower :]


my third fondant cake :]





 close up of my birdie :]




i have had the pleasure of making these cakes, and i hope that my experience has taught me enough to wow you all with the cake i will be making today. i will be able to post the pictures of the cakes as soon as the cake is delivered to the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment